Home About EIS →

The Cycle Completes: Game Studies Scholars in Games

Ian Bogost

“Hi, my name is Ian Bogost” (press Click to Play in the top right).

I’m glad there’s no English translation of the web site, I like not knowing why he’s there. It’s like when you see Matt Damon on Japanese commercials, and you have no idea what he’s selling.

Ian Bogost = Matt Damon. You heard it here first.

About the author:  Chris Lewis is a British PhD student researching the intersection of software engineering and video game development. Read more from this author

This entry was posted in Academics, Gaming Culture and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

5 Comments

1. Teale Fristoe
    Posted September 22, 2009 at 10:39 AM | Permalink

My favorite part is how the gameplay has nothing to do with the message. I’m sure Ian would approve.

Also, don’t forget the guest appearance of Show ▼

2. Posted September 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM | Permalink

Yeah, I made note of that fact on my blog. But really, how can I complain about this game? It’s completely awesome in every way.

3. Posted September 22, 2009 at 11:03 AM | Permalink

Someday I hope to be in a game as well. That’s when I’ll know I’ve made it big.

Great post, Chris :)

4. Posted September 22, 2009 at 11:54 AM | Permalink

I look vaguely ferocious in that photo. Perhaps I’m about to defeat Matt Damon in a vampiric duel.

5. Posted September 26, 2009 at 3:31 AM | Permalink

Thanks everyone for the comments. As I wrote on Ian’s blog, the game was released in a hurry, and we know the gameplay is still flawed. We are working to completely redesign the level, embedding the messages in the gameplay the best we can.
    I’ll let you know when an updated version will be ready :)