Home About EIS →

Rationalization – a new game

gameplayI created a short game called Rationalization to help me think through some ideas.

The game is very abstract and its message is primarily procedural.  I look forward to hearing any reactions you may have.

_

About the author:  Mike Treanor is a game designer and PhD student studying at UC Santa Cruz. His work focuses on how to interpret and express ideas with playable media. Read more from this author

This entry was posted in Games and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

6 Comments

1. Posted August 14, 2009 at 6:42 PM | Permalink

I feel I reached a good end through destructive means…

2. Posted August 15, 2009 at 5:08 AM | Permalink

I reached two endings. Getting to the harder one was fun. I haven’t deciphered all the details of play and don’t want to mess it up for others, but I’d like to hear more at some point.

3. Posted August 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM | Permalink

It’s nifty. The more elaborate key sequences gave me trouble, tho.

C.

4. Posted August 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM | Permalink

I have reached one-ness. Very interesting concept. I had a few people here who were all confused. I was confused for about 10 minutes. I love games like this

5. Posted August 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM | Permalink

That was an interesting game. I wasn’t smart enough to figure it out, but I think I was starting to make headway when a quote popped up and hints on what to do with the arrows. I’ll be back to play again!

6. Rob Rhine
    Posted August 22, 2009 at 4:26 PM | Permalink

I loved it. This was great. I found two endings, and I’m still wondering if it was lying to me about either the number of endings or the number of ways to get there. Certainly unique.